Are you getting ready to take a trip and wondering if you can bring your makeup on the plane? You are in luck! You can certainly bring makeup on a plane and make sure you look your best when you arrive.
What you need to know
The biggest thing to keep in mind when bringing makeup on a plane is that it needs to abide by Transportation Security Administration (TSA) guidelines. All of your items must fit in a quart-sized bag and the container must be transparent.
It is good leading practice to be aware of the liquid rule. All of your liquids need to be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less and should be stored in a clear, one-quart bag. This rule applies to all liquids, gels, and aerosols. Once those items are packed in the bag, the bag will then be put through TSA screenings.
Types off makeup that can be brought in flight
The sky is the limit for items you can bring on the plane with you. Here are some common categories of makeup that are allowed:
- Eye makeup (mascara, eye shadow, eyeliner, etc.)
- Blush and bronzer
- Contouring and highlighting products
- Lipstick, lipgloss, and lip balm
- Tinted moisturizers and self-tanners
Items that can’t come in a plane
Due to security risk and TSA regulations, there are a few items that you can’t bring on a plane. These items are often associated with makeup and beauty and should either be left behind or packed in checked baggage:
- Alcohol-based products (such as nail polish remover).
- Sharp items (tweezers and eyelash curlers).
- Pressurized containers (such as hairspray or oxy aerosols).
These restrictions are in place to keep passengers and crews safe and secure. So, you should always make sure to check that you are following TSA regulations.
Tips for packing your beauty products
When it comes to packing your beauty products for a flight, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Plan ahead and make a list of items that you need. This will help ensure that you don’t forget any items when packing.
- Packing liquids that are 3.4 oz or less in a clear, quart bag will help speed up the security screening process.
- Pack items with caution. Some items may be considered hazardous materials and are prohibited by TSA. Make sure to check TSA’s list of prohibited items before packing.
- Include your toiletries and beauty items in your carry-on bag. This way, you don’t have to worry about your items being lost or delayed in your checked baggage.
Following these tips will help ensure that your trip is as stress-free as possible when it comes to bringing makeup and other beauty products on the plane.
Whether you’re new to air travel or a seasoned traveler, it’s always helpful to review what items can come on a plane. Just make sure that you are following TSA regulations and you will be ready for take off!