With the world of fashion being ever-changing, hairstyles have come and gone over many years. Pompadour hairstyle, specifically aimed towards women, is a classic look that never goes out of style. Taking influence from a few traditional 19th century looks, Pompadour hairstyle is an elegant, modern update tucking away hair into a classy look with just the right amount of volume on top.
Steps for the Female Pompadour Hairstyle
Creating the look can be done in a few easy steps. Whether you have long hair or medium length hair, here is the easy guide:
- Start by parting the hair down the middle (or wherever suits your preference) and clipping the sectioned off hairs away.
- Brush the remainder of your hair towards the back of your crown and gather it into a tight, high ponytail.
- Create slight bends or curves within the ponytail with your fingers. This should be done by pulling the ends of the hairs outward and then towards the back of your head.
- Once your ponytail is in the desired shape, you can then begin to braid the remainder of your hair. Start from the tips of the hair and work your way up.
- After the entire ponytail is thoroughly braided, give a light mist of hairspray to add more volume and to keep the hair firmly in place.
- Finally, loosen sections of the braid to create a more textured look. Make sure that any edges of the hair are tucked into the braid.
For a more modern look, the hairstyle can be worn in the classic tousled manner. To achieve this look, you will need to spray a few dime-sized droplets of pomade at the roots of your bun. With a barrel brush, brush the pomade through your locks and towards the tips until desired volume and texture is achieved.
The Final Look